The Wargamers Forum is running a month long ‘nostalgia’ build – members are invited to paint up something from pre 2000 (and possibly also out of production).
I dug about in the shed and found these 20+ year old Battlefield Miniatures figures, that are OOP*, for the tragic 1944 Warsaw Uprising. Wearing a mixture of looted SS smocks and civilian clothing with armbands in the Polish national colours they’ll make a nice addition to my WW2 skirmish forces (something I’ve not games in an age). I may tempoarily attach some to bigger bases to play Brian Train’s Civil Power as there is a 1944 scenario in that.
Whilst they weren’t on my projects list they were a pleasant project for this week’s hobbying.
* some might be more recent ‘Blitz’ figures….
I picked up a further four of these monopose plastic models from ebay. Given that the game that they are from is out of production they are getting a little bit more expensive and rarer so I decided to get them sooner rather than later.
I painted then to match the previous pair that I did- I used a mixture of GW’s Nihlak Oxide and some homemade glazes so they were a really quick job.
I plan to mostly use them as mutant for my Zona Alfa games but they’ve already been on the gaming table in Nicola’s Drukhari force.
One of the tasks I set myself a while back was to start a Second Boer War skirmish project. Well the first part has been completed: a good number of 20mm Strelets plastic brits.
I painted them in two batches using contrast paint for the main colour, this meant that they were a quick job but I do think that the overall effect is quite good.
Here is a close up of one each of all the poses.
Now all I have to do is find the bag full of Boer figures I know I’ve got somewhere in the shed….
I got these for xmas last year and have finally got them finished… wanted them for long range support for my Death Guard army – I’ll use them in a second detachment.
Really enjoyed painting these. I was nice to work on a larger piece and one with relatively bright colours too. I tried a bit of heat discolouration on the exhausts and melta gun muzzle too- it looks better in real like than in these photos. I’m also pleased that my usual chopped up sprue for basing works OK on a larger base too.