From the Shed- Ruined European house.

Evan was kind enough to gift me this Airfix ruin a good few years back… it had been sat in my shed for ages with me looking at it thinking I should reaaly gt round to doing something with it.

DSCN1731

I was a little put off by the very square looking blast hole but it is a lot less pronounced now it is painted.

DSCN1732

Detail was added with filler, cat litter and match sticks.

DSCN1733

I decided that the lower levels were too small for my fat fingers so filled them with rubble.

DSCN1734

Painting was done with acrylics as usual.

DSCN1735

It will be a nice addition to my NW Europe terrain set up.

 

Cheers,

Pete.

Advertisements

22 comments on “From the Shed- Ruined European house.

  1. Nice kit and nicley painted. The extra detail certainly enhances it.

  2. That’s very nice, Pete! I hadn’t realised how much there was to that model, having only seen a picture of the box front. The Airfix buildings seem to suffer from “square” damaged sections and very thick roofs, but they are well finished. The blasted rubble appearance you’ve got does look good!

    • Pete S/ SP says:

      Thanks John.

      Yeah the back of the building IU think is very nicely done- more interesting than the front at least.

      Given how thick the resin is I can’t see it breaking or damaging at least.

      Cheers,

      Pete.

  3. Azazel says:

    That looks awesome, mate. What scale is it?

  4. Marvin says:

    Having no experience in making this kind of thing, I am in awe. You casually sorted the lower levels by “filling them with rubble” -but it’s the best part of the whole thing! A great scene.

    • Pete S/ SP says:

      Thanks Marvin. The rubble is a mix of bird grit , cat litter (use the expensive stuff as the cheap stuff based on fuller’s earth goes to clay when it gets wet), broken bits of plaster of Paris and broken matchsticks. I keep a big tin of it mixed up. I just made some mounds of filler to make the floor uneven, painted it with PVA then once the PVA was dry I made sure it wasn’t going anywhere by caoting it with runny superglue. After that was just painting, cream base for the cement then shades of red brushed over for the bricks.

      Cheers,

      Pete.

      • Ann says:

        I’m picturing the model without your added rubble in my mind’s eye and I’m thinking that you added a lot by doing that. Like Marvin I have no experience with this sort of thing either. I’ll have to bookmark this and come back to it if I ever decide to make some rubble.

      • Pete S/ SP says:

        Thanks Ann. It is really easy to do and adds a lot to the model.

        Cheers,

        Pete.

  5. Looking great Pete. Certainly stands out 👍

  6. Lovely improvisation work Pete. Your fingers are nimble enough!

    • Pete S/ SP says:

      Thanks Mark. Oddly I havedexterity when it comes to painting but when it comes to pushing them around the table I get rather clumsy for some reason….

      Cheers,

      Pete.

  7. Love it. You’ve done well with it

  8. […] S /SP from SP’s Projects Blog completed this amazing looking Ruined European House. An Airfix 1/72(ish) kit, Pete has done an outstanding job of turning a standard kit into something […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s